Today has been interesting.
- I woke up and since I’ve had no internet the last day or so, I used our “amenity key” to get into the business center at like 5:30am before I went to school. Gah.
- First thing at school this morning I broke up an argument between two little twin boys in first grade who are brothers. I swear these two were born RUNNING. They’re so hyperactive. Today’s argument that led to tears: brother 1 had shown the shark teeth yesterday for show and tell and now today wanted to be the first one to show the bug he found. Brother number 2 feels left out.
- The carpet in my room at school will be the death of me. Not allergy wise, but because the kids won’t stop picking at it and hence I have bits all over the room by the end of just the first class.
- Play phone tag at school! With numerous people!
- Play with a puppet named Ronnie la rana.
- Listen to what seems like funeral procession music as kids leave for the day to walk to buses and car rider line. Note: If the music is on, they’re supposed to walk quietly to their destination, the music is off, they can talk with inside voices. Similar thing for lunch. Music on: no talking, but eating. Music off: talk softly, but still eating.
- I have to laminate a book I made in a tiny little laminator that you crank by hand because our bigger NEW mechanized (is this a new word?) one is broken. Ha.
- Laughs with LB.
- I leave school to go check out the treadmills and whatnot at a nearby place. Stop to get gas in the car and run into 2 of my kids from school who run around the store saying, “Dice hola, dice hola. Hola Senorita, hola Senorita.” They crack me up. Hyper kids, but entirely amusing.
- Get back to apartment…still no internet. But handy guy has arrived to fix my pipe dripage problem. Hooray.
- Walk down to business center. Busy. Walk back. Time Warner man hath come. Time Warner man leaves. Internet is still not working. Here I am, back in the business center.
- Check email: message from friend I haven’t heard from in a loooooooooooooooooong time, but miss greatly. Hooray!
- Upon return to apartment: revamp lessons, think about the busy next few days, watch some Ugly Betty reruns, sleep.
How’s that for fun? Interesting, interesting day.