Ok, I’ve got it. I’ve perused ticketmaster and the Blumenthal site to see what kinds of things are coming up around Charlotte and because I seriously enjoy theatre…. So, here’s the Saturday Cinco (aka the late Friday 5):
5 Charlotte Happenings I’m Most Looking Forward To:
(and Mute Math goes without saying…)
1. WICKED! coming to Charlotte next April!!!! If there is ever a gift to give me, it would absolutely be tickets to see it! I sadly can’t find my Wicked cd (care to replace with a gift?), but I have three of the songs stuck in my head now: What is this feeling? (which I like to call…Loathing), which is entirely amusing and a tie between Defying Gravity and No Good Deed. Gosh I love that cd… I had that in my car on repeat every single day I drove to Drexel Hill Middle when I was doing my student teaching. I’d sit through the traffic with it pumped up high and singing at the top of my lungs. Oh. Yeah.
2. The Nutcracker – I watch it every year on tv, but I’d loooooooooooove to see it live. I thought I’d do it last year, but I never got to it.
3. Tie between The Magic of Christmas and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra – both are Christmasy and both are in Charlotte. I love the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and have heard they are AMAZING live. I also loved going to the Magic of Christmas last year with some of the gang from Elevation. Perhaps we shall do it again this year…
4. Adam Pascal Live. Yup. THE Roger from RENT.
5. Christmas Blast…Cricket Arena – This place called Elevation is going to rock it out of sight. 🙂
Also, do you notice how 3 out of the 5 are Christmas-related. Yeah, that’s just how Christmas crazy I get.