I have 4 minutes. Can I do it???
If you were throwing an 80s themed slumber party…
1. What movies would you show? Muppets Take Manhattan, The Breakfast Club, The Goonies, Mannequin, Labyrinth, Never Ending Story, Princess Bride, Teen Wolf
2. What kind of food would you serve? Kool-Aid, Ring Pops, candy necklaces, Cookie Crisp, Dunk-a-roos, fluffernutters, KFC Chicken Littles (man, I loved those!!)
3. Which childhood friends and crushes would you reminisce about? Well, I hardly knew about him at the time, but Kirk Cameron, Michael J. Fox, Matthew Broderick, Emilio Estevez, Andrew McCarthy, Patrick Swayze, John Travolta?
4. Which trends and fads would you lament most? Jellies, Cabbage Patch Kids, Walkmen, slap bracelets, all of the plastic jewelry, clip on earrings, biker shorts were normal shorts?!, banana clips, RIP Zoobalee Zoo and Cosby Show, shoulder pads, side pony tails, slouch socks, stirrup pants, crimped hair
5. What board or card games would you incorporate? Candyland, Operation, Connect Four, Hungry Hippos, Mousetrap, Perfection
Yeah, definitely didn’t make it in four minutes. I had to joyfully relive those years.