Friday Five: Seven Days
- This past week, were you more predator or prey? Um… Predator? Had to stay on top of EVERYTHING this week.
- Which Beatles song title could best be the title of your week? “We Can Work It Out” – It’s been a busy week, unexpected, full of things to do and things to work out.
- “Roses are red / Violets are blue / ___________ / __________.” How would you complete this poem so that it described this past week? This week was long/I’m thankful for the weekend, how about you?
- How many pieces of unopened mail are sitting wherever you put your unopened mail? 2-3 maybe?
- What was the best meal of the past seven days? Enchiladas, no doubt. Good stuff.
In other news, please be praying for the school systems down here. Budget cuts are huge, especially in CMS right now. I have several friends who teach in CMS and I’m hoping and praying with them that they will still have a job next year. They are currently talking about cutting 1,200 jobs in school staff, assistants, etc. A lot of the friends I have in CMS teach in special areas (music, art) and somehow, the arts are always the first to go sometimes which is entirely unfortunate… I won’t got off on the rant I could go on right now. I’ll spare you, but you can probably guess how I feel about that. In Union County things aren’t great, but they are no where near what CMS has to deal with. I am grateful to have my job and to be where I am, knowing I don’t have the worries that I know many are dealing with.
Also please keep my fellow Spanish teacher at my school in your prayers. She had surgery last week and will again be having surgery next week due to an unforeseen circumstance. I know she will be grateful for the prayers.