Once again haven’t had too much to say or too much time to say or do much else besides school and get ready for the OM competition. After the next week or so it should slow down some. But for now, I’m moving right along, as Kermit would say. It’s not a bad thing, being busy, just leaves you tired at the end of the day.
And here we have it…
The Friday Five: Travel Tendencies
1. Have you ever stayed in a hostel? If so, where? Did you like it? If you haven’t stayed in a hostel, would you? Yes, I stayed in a hostel in Barcelona with some friends while we were on a break during our study abroad in Spain. The hostel was called “Gothic Point” because of the area of Barcelona it was in – gothic architecture and all. It was nice, colorful, lockers, showers were clean, computers and internet, good price. I’d do it again.
2. What is your favo(u)rite airport that you’ve been to? Why? I like the Detroit airport. The little color changing tunnel is fun. Of course Charlotte-Douglass is fun because it means you’re coming home and getting home is always good too.
3. What is the best museum you have visited on vacation? I enjoyed visiting El Prado in Madrid. I visited a lot of museums in Spain while studying there and they were all enjoyable. El Prado was probably one of my favorites though with lots of great art work, works from famous artists, etc.
4. Have you ever made friends while traveling whom you keep in touch with on a regular basis? Yes, those I studied with in Spain. I keep in touch with one awesome chica in particular – she’s one of the people I went to Barcelona with. Kept in touch with someone we met studying in a different program while we were in Sevilla also.
5. Have you ever had a conversation with a seatmate on a plane? Yes. You can meet a lot of interesting people that way. One of my favorites was when I was traveling home to New Hampshire for Spring break my first year of teaching. I had a lay over in Detroit. I was wearing one of my Elevation t-shirts – specifically from the Egg Drop (side note: I could go about a month and a half right now with clean Elevation shirts and not have to wash anything.). As I was boarding the plane from Detroit to New Hampshire, I had a guy stop me and say he’d heard about the Egg Drop, thought it was cool and he knew someone who had gone to it. Crazy. Small world.